Scenography for the musician Francesco Tristano
vilablanch designs p:anorig, the new moving scenography of the musician Francesco Tristano. One structure based in the use of the individual elements, self-transportable, light and versatile, inspired by the silhouette of the grand piano.
The interior design studio vilablanch has designed “p:anorig”, the new scenography structure for the compositor and pianist Francesco Tristano. A special piece, created on some specifics requirements:
- Give support to all the keyboards of the artist, in a safe and stable way. Meaning, it should be capable of weight bearing, movements, to have stability…
- It should be easy to transport and assemble, since the artist performs the tour all around the world.
- To have the capability to adapt in the different scenarios.
- Achieve a scenography piece closely linked to art and music and that would be one of the protagonists.
Instead of working in one horizontal level, the design team of vilablanch created a set of vertical articulated elements which could extend and contract the same way an accordion does. A structure based in the use of individual elements, self-carrying, light and versatile, which are inspired in the body of and Grand piano.
- In Total the structure counts with 30 articulated elements (3 blocks of 10), which are the support surface for the keyboard and, the interior hole is inspired with the silhouette of the Grand piano.
- The scenography adapts perfectly in each space, since they can be placed in different ways in the scenario (circular, S shape) depending on the visual effect wanted, the dimension of the space, the public position…
- The structure is made of Paulownja wood, also known as “kiri” (its density is between 250- 290 kg/m3) a very resistant and light material that offers an excellent resistant-weight relation.
- The structure is part of the visual show, since it is an element that allows light to project in it.
- It is an easy carry scenography, since it can be assembled and piled on in hand luggage.
- This moving scenario can be assembled in 10 minutes.